If you are part of a theatre production, you would know how difficult it is to get noticed by people outside your circle. Those who are not exactly theatre enthusiasts may not even look at a printed promotional material that you will hand to them, simply because they have no interest. This is why you should combine a good digital promotional campaign with old-fashioned print ads. Rack cards printing is a good start, because it is a popular advertising tool used by those in the entertainment industry. Read on to find out why else you should use rack cards, how you can distribute them, and what else you can do to promote your production, play, musical, or any other show that you might be currently a part of.
Why Should I Use Rack Cards?
Rack cards are 4” x 9” or 3.5” x 8.5” cards made from thick paper which are used to promote a business, brand, or event. These are displayed in brochure or rack stands, which are then picked up by people passing by. They are displayed in areas where there is high foot traffic like hotel lobbies, theatres, movie theatres, tourist centres, gas stations, and clinics. Rack cards are very handy and are quite effective. If you are promoting a play and the rack card is displayed in a theatre lobby, the person who picked it up is already a part of your target market. They’re also cheap, you can order rack cards from online printing services at a very low per piece price, but the quality is not compromised.
How Should I Distribute Rack Cards?
After you print rack cards for your theatre production, how should they be distributed? Here are a few quick tips:
- Ask local businesses if you can display your rack cards in their area. Start with the local bars, retailers, rest stops, restaurants, hotels, clinics, etc. Use a free ticket as an incentive if you can.
- You can also strike a deal with the local restaurants, bars, or retails stores in your area to provide free refreshments – in exchange for an advertisement during your show.
- Partner with a local charity, and advertise this in your rack card. People will shell out their hard-earned bucks if they know that they are helping a cause.
- Distribute the rack cards out in the streets, preferably in areas where there is high foot traffic. Have members of the cast don their costume, make it as fun as possible!
- Lastly, combine your print marketing efforts with digital promotions. Maximize your social media exposure by creating funny trailers, bloopers, highlights of the show, interview clips, etc.
With the help of well-designed rack cards, you can encourage people to flock to your theatre production.