If you want to use postcards to advertise your brand, there are almost two dozen sizes to choose from. The number of options might be overwhelming so you may want to stick with a couple of the most popular sizes: 4” x 6” and 5 x 7 postcard printing. 4” x 6” is the measurement of a typical postcard that tourists mail out when traveling. If you’re a business owner, there is nothing wrong with choosing this size especially if your postcard design is graphics-driven. When you see a typical travel postcard, it is usually designed with just one picture that dominates the page, and maybe a one or two-liner description. If you want to advertise your brand using mainly graphics, this is a good size to use.
Why Use 5” x 7” Postcards
On the other hand, if your ad is more content-driven – which means that you want to rely more on text rather than graphics or photos, then 5” x 7” is the ideal postcard size for you. Here are a few more reasons why it pays to use this slightly bigger postcard size:
- It is wider than a standard # 10 envelope.
What’s good about using postcards as mailers is that there is no envelope to open. When you send out postcards to a typical household, the fact that 5” x 7” is wider than a standard #10 envelope will make your mailer stand out. Also, there is no envelope to open so your message will be read right away.
- There is more space to write content.
With 5” x 7” postcard printing, you have bigger space to write your content in than 4” x 6” cards. Since the card can display more lines, you can have a more content-driven ad and maybe just include a small photo or a graphic background to break the monotony.
When you get in touch with an online printing services provider, you can get a lower per piece price if you order more copies. To sum it up, if your postcard ad is more text-heavy than graphics-focused, it is better to go with a 5” x 7” postcard than a 4” x 6” or something even smaller.
Those who are experts at cleaning carpets offer
their professional cleaning services to residences and businesses. If you are
part of this group or if you offer spring cleaning, general cleaning, deep
cleaning, commercial cleaning, or other cleaning services, then you should
invest in brochure printing. Brochures are cheap-to-produce,
yet effective advertising materials that can deliver your marketing message to
your target audience.
to Consider when Ordering Brochures
Naturally, the first thing that you need to do if
you would like to use brochures to market your carpet cleaning services is to
find a place to order them from. You can take your pick from digital or offset
print shops – some have both and will use a method based on the volume of
brochures that you will order. Next, here are some factors to consider when
size of brochures depends on the amount of information that you want the
printed marketing material to contain. If you want to include a brief history of
your business’ background or how your professional carpet cleaning business came
to be, you may want to use the biggest map-sized brochure which measures 11” x
25.5”. The smallest brochure size is 4.25” x 11” while the standard size is 8.5”
the folding style, you can have anywhere from four to twelve panels which will
serve as pages for your carpet cleaning brochure.
the paper type and finish, there’s the 100# stock textbook paper which has a
medium loss finish, or a 100# stock cover paper which has double the gloss for
Ideas for Carpet Cleaning Brochures
After deciding whichonline
printing services to go with, you need to
come up with a layout for the content of the brochure. If you want people to
grab one of your brochures to read, make sure that you have a catchy headline. Here
are a few ideas:
- Dirty carpet? We got it! Woohoo!
- XYZ Carpet Cleaning: Bringing back the former glory of your carpet.
- Give a second leash of life to your luxury rugs!
- In Need of Tile & Grout Cleaning? Give Us a Call!
Be creative in coming up with a headline for your carpet cleaning brochure. Use language that both residential and business customers can relate to. You can also include a promo code at the back page of the brochure for good measure.
If you want to reintroduce your carpet cleaning business to new clients or if you simply want to enhance your brand, well-designed brochures printed on high-quality material is key and will surely impress your customers.
A well-designed menu is a powerful advertising tool for those in the food business. Whether you’re operating a food truck, a small bakery, or a full-service restaurant, menus are a primary selling tool and is the first thing that hungry diners get a hold of. For full-service restaurants, the dine-in menu should be complemented withtakeout menus. The purpose of the latter is more on increasing sales, and filling the gap of customers who prefer the convenience of ordering takeout or delivery instead of eating at your food establishment.
Why are Offices Your Number One Client for Takeout Menus?
Now, if you would like to increase the number of customers that you have, you must invest in takeout menu printing. For this, simply look for an online printing provider that can create to-go menus for you at affordable prices without compromising on quality. The good news is that there are many print shops from where you can order menus with excellent print and materials.
Once the menus are printed out, your next focus is to deliver them strategically so that they can reach the right audience. Everyone is a possible customer so you can distribute the menus out on the streets where there is high foot traffic. You can also include the takeout menus on delivery or takeout receipts, supplier invoices, and other paper transactions. Another option is to ask other local, non-competing businesses to display your menus for their own customers to get a hold of.
Yet another type of clientele that you should not miss out on when it comes to distributing takeout menus is offices. Here are the reasons why offices are your number one client for takeout menus:
- Employees spend most of their day at work. For a nine-to-five shift, a typical employee will most likely eat two meals and the convenience of ordering food for delivery or takeout is something that they will take advantage of. Those who are working from home are also prospective customers, so make sure that your takeout menu reaches them as well.
- There are usually employee-focused celebrations at offices where ordering food for delivery is always an option.
- Human resource managers and other employees can refer you to other small businesses or large companies.
With every employee busy going about their day, offering them the convenience of eating restaurant quality food at affordable prices is a marketing opportunity. By distributing takeout menus at offices, you can give your sales a boost, enhance your brand, and increase the likelihood of getting repeat orders from this type of client.
Impeccable service, mouth-watering dishes, an elegant
menu – these are some of the things that clients look for when booking catering
services. If you are a catering services provider, you may have already mastered
all of these. But what about looking for something that will cater to your own
advertising needs? Sure, word of mouth is as good as advertisement as any – but
it is not always reliable and may not necessarily deliver good results. If you
want to increase your bookings, boost your profit, and enhance your brand as a
caterer, you need to supplement word-of-mouth advertising with print
advertising materials. This is where rack cards prove to be useful. Larger
than business cards but smaller than brochures, rack cards are the perfect size
to hold information about your catering business.
cards are available in two sizes:
- 3.5” x 8.5” is the lay flat counter size, which is suitable if you want to simply display a stack of rack cards on countertops or tables. Let’s say that you provided catering services to a wedding, and you would like guests to know about your business. To send more business your way, you can have lay flat counter size rack cards made by an online printing services provider, then place a stack of them by the dessert table for guests to pick up during the event.
- 4” x 9” is the more popular rack display size. Rack cards in general are displayed on what are called literature, brochure, or rack stands. Most establishments have these – and you can choose this option to display your catering rack cards on food establishments which are not your direct competitors. You can also ask other local business owners to have your catering rack cards displayed in their offices so that more people would know about your brand.
rack cards printing, you can cater to your own
advertising needs. Once these are printed out and distributed, more people
would know that your business exists, and you can increase inquiries and
bookings for your catering services.
One of the most anticipated events by shopaholics
and online shopping addicts is the big Black Friday Sale. The date for this
varies between November 23 and 29 – technically the Friday after Thanksgiving
Day. It’s basically the start of the holiday shopping season so if you own any
type of business, you need to take full advantage of the hype behind this very
American tradition. Let’s say that you are planning to hold a Black Friday sale
for your business. How can you start building the hype? Do so in your social
media posts and your website so that online users will anticipate what is in
store for them. Add to this a good postcard printing campaign, then people are
bound to flock to your establishment.
Tips for Printing Postcards for Black Friday
First, make sure to look for an online printing
that can create high-quality postcards for you at an affordable price. Next, keep
these tips in mind when printing Black Friday postcards:
- Send the postcards with plenty of time to spare before the actual holiday. If you already have a mailing list or if you want to send one postcard to every door within your zip code or a mail carrier route, do it a month or so before the actual date of your Black Friday sale.
- Create a postcard with a catchy headline and an attention-grabbing design. Entice customers to spend their money by designing a postcard using bold colors and a screaming headline. Why should shoppers visit your website or your store on Black Friday? How much discount can they get? Are there many varieties, products, or services available? Tempt them with phrases like 50% off, buy-one-get-one, or free shipping.
- Do not forget the QR or promo code. Your goal in mailing out the postcards in the first place is to entice as many people as you can to visit your online or actual store on Black Friday. When you mail the postcard, there should be something in it for them – which can only be achieved using QR codes or promo codes. The higher the discount is, the more customers you can attract to purchase your products or services.
- Extend any promotions that you have to “Cyber Monday”, or make the whole week “Black Friday” in your store.
By following these tips, you can use postcards to
market your Black Friday sale, and have customers flocking your store on that
If you are in the retail industry, you are doing the
public the service of selling items or services in small quantities. You can
either have an actual store, a virtual store, or both. Some examples of retail
stores are ready-to-wear stores, groceries, drug stores, and convenience
stores. Retail stores are great businesses
to have because they are accessible, convenient, and allows customers to buy
what they need without having to wait in line on the counters of giant stores. So
if your business is in the retail industry, how can you make your target audience
aware of what exactly it is that you are selling? One great tool to use is
Every Door Direct Mail or eddm mailing. Read on to find out more
about Every Door Direct Mail and how it can benefit your business.
are the Benefits of EDDM for Retailers
With EDDM, the print shop that will create
your postcards will work with the United States Postal Service to mail out your
marketing materials to every door within a specific group of addresses. Here are
the specific benefits of this service:
can send postcards to every door within a zip code or mail carrier route
without having to collect or buy your own mailing list. Since the print shop
will work with the USPS, the name and addresses will come directly from the source,
which means that if you specify a zip code, one postcard will be sent to every
door within that address.
can enjoy discounted postage rates. At just a few cents of postage fee per
piece, you can enjoy the marketing benefits of having your postcards mailed to
every door within a specific address.
Is EDDM Not Applicable for a Business?
If you are in the retail industry, then you will benefit from eddm mailing services. This is because your target audience is the public – it is not necessarily niche. EDDM is not applicable for when your target market is young girls, for example, since you are selling apparel for teenagers. If you are selling makeup for women, you need to narrow down your EDDM mailing list to a demographic of households with females. All in all, if you are working in the retail industry, you can use the numerous benefits of eddm marketing to your advantage – thereby increasing your sales and enhancing your brand.