In business, first impressions definitely last. Handing over a black-and-white, flimsy business card to a client will not have the same impact as premium business cards printed in full color and thick, high-quality material. Remember that as an entrepreneur, you would like your clients to think that they are getting the best value for their money when dealing with you. A good quality business card will help you achieve just that.
What Makes for a Premium Business Card
So what makes for a good, high-quality premium business card? Take a look at the following list:
• The material used
With companies like BlockbusterPrint.com, the standard size of a business card is 3.5” x 2”. You can take your pick from different materials including thin, 14-pt. paper which is the cheapest and more traditional. If you would like to invest in premium business cards, it is better for you to use thicker paper like 17-pt. cards with 50% or 60% the thickness of credit cards. There are also different finishes used in the paper including textured or spot gloss.
• The quality of printing
You don’t actually have to worry about the quality of printing when dealing with BlockbusterPrint.com because they use HD color printing. It’s guaranteed to be the highest quality offset method in the industry.
• The overall design
While you’re still in the process of having the card designed, make sure that it will leave a lasting impact to your customers. If you’re in the construction industry, design the card in such a way that it incorporates a clear photo or a hard hat – along with a line or two of what your business represents.
• Other cool features
Finally, the good thing about choosing silk business cards is that you can go crazy with all the cool features that you can order. There are plastic or rounded corner business cards that you can have made. Silk cards can be foil stamped with silver, gold or other metallic colors to make a huge impact. Textured cards can vary from pearl metallic, ones with a nature feel or linen. As you can see, the choices of cool features in premium business cards are practically endless, so have one made for your business now.
When you order business cards, the card itself may not necessarily sell your business, but it does keep your company name in mind. Let’s say that you are in the professional carpet cleaning business and you handed over your card to a housewife whom you met at a networking event. She may not have a use for your card right away, but when she does need professional carpet cleaning services, she will remember having received your card and give you a call.
This is precisely the reason why you should keep a business card handy at all times. You’ll never know when you might run into an individual who could use your products or services, so it pays to be prepared.
Tips to Remember when Ordering Business Cards
If you have yet to order business cards, here are a few tips to remember to turn the task into a successful one:
• Make sure that the information printed on the business card is correct. Nothing says tacky than a card with another name, contact number or address handwritten over the original printed text. If you know that you are changing your contact number soon, only print a handful of cards. Then, take the job to a professional printing company so that you can have a decent batch of cards made.
• When attending networking events, place your cards everywhere. Make sure that you have a handful in your pocket, car, bag, desk, etc. You might even find a need for one when attending a family dinner or personal social events. You’ll never know who you might run into who could use your business.
• If you have a cute, little container for your business cards, do not bring them at crowded networking events where time is of the essence. However, you can still use them in the office or at meetings where you know you will not be pressed for time.
After you print business cards, these tips would be handy when you are already in the process of distributing them.
Whether you’re an old timer or a newbie in the business industry, the one task that you cannot get away with is business card printing. Through business cards, you can hand out your contact information to the people who you are supposed to be dealing with on a regular basis: customers, clients, business partners, suppliers, network contacts, etc. Thankfully, there are companies like BlocksbusterPrint.com which specialize in printing out professionally-made yet affordable business cards.
Now, after having the business cards printed out, remember that you cannot simply hand them over to everyone you meet like you are casually distributing $20 bills. After business card printing, there’s an art and etiquette to the distribution that you need to keep in mind. To get you started, here are a few quick tips on the etiquette when handing over your business cards:
• Make sure that you are handing over a good quality business card to make a good impression. A limp, cheaply printed card will not give customers a professional image of your business, so pay attention to details like stock paper, quality of printing, layout and the design of the card itself.
• When attending meetings, exchange business cards either at the end or the beginning of the discussion.
• When attending trade shows or similar events, keep your business card handy at all times. Don’t bother using a case holder because they need to be distributed fast, and with minimal fuss.
• Never use business cards with information that is not updated. Nothing says tacky more than business cards with handwritten corrections or notes on the supposedly pristine front part.
• When accepting business cards, do not hesitate to write a note at the back so that you can remember information about the company or the person who gave it to you. If you were given the card of a possible supplier, write a short note at the back so that you can remember the details of the meeting the next time that you give them a call.
As you can see, business cards online are an essential part of running a business – but equally important is the manner by which the cards are distributed to contacts.
What are the benefits of getting the services of a business cards online printing company? Through sites like BlockbusterPrin.com, you can simply place an order online then have the cards delivered straight to your office. Since there are no middlemen, you have the advantage price-wise when ordering from online companies. There are also plenty of options to choose from when it comes to paper type, size, quantity and design.
Now, what happens after you finish printing out the print full color business cards online? A business card that’s simply sitting in your desk would be of no use in networking, so you need to make those printed promotional materials work out for you. Here’s how you can do just that:
• Keep those business cards handy all the time.
Depending on the number of business cards you had printed out, always leave a stack of them in your wallet, car, desk, the reception area of your office and even the lobby of your building where anyone may come in asking about your business. When doing some field work, it is especially important to keep a stack of cards with you because you’ll never know when you might stumble upon a prospective client or customer.
• Make sure that they are stored properly.
Look for a cheap business card holder so the sides of the cards will not get bent. If you find them too bulky, keep them in your wallet or brief case and make sure that they are handed over in pristine condition to another person.
• Give the people you meet a reason to accept your business card.
When participating in trade shows or similar networking events, give the people you meet reason to accept your card. For trade shows, you might want to include freebies with your card to make people more interested about your business. You can also include a card in actual mailers that you send out to clients.
With these tips in mind, you can maximize the benefits of having business cards online printed out.
Have you ever considered having rounded corner business cards made for your company instead of the standard ones? If not, you definitely should ponder upon using it because it makes your brand stand out from the rest. With companies like BlockbusterPrint.com, there are rounded corner card options which will give your brand a cool vibe. These modern cards can be printed with the following features:
– Full HD printing
– 1/8” shave or rounding makes it similar to a credit card; or
– ¼” shave which is highly rounded and suitable for creative designs
– Size: 3.5” x @”
– Available quantities: 100, 250, 500, 1,000 and up
After rounded edge business cards are printed out, a die cutter is used to create round corners on the card, thereby giving it a unique shape. As compared to traditional business cards, this type gives your overall look a softer feel and a more creative, cooler vibe. The downside, however, is that business cards with rounded corners cost a little extra – but it will be well worth it if the design fits your personality as a brand.
If you think that business cards with a rounded corner is not suitable for you, you can always go for other options like premium cards, silk cards, foil stamped cards, textured cards, spot gloss cards and plastic cards.
Whether it’s rounded corner business cards or traditional cards that you end up choosing, what is important is for the overall look of the card to fit the image of your brand, so take your time in having the final design created.
As an entrepreneur, one of the first things that you need to work on is business card printing. A business card is the best promotional tool to let people know that your business actually exists, what you do and how to get in touch with you. Now, if you already have a stack of business cards printed out and you are doing business abroad, remember that there are a few general tips that you need to follow. Check out our list of business card etiquette:
• Business cards are internationally recognized, so take care of >business card printing prior to your trip.
• If you’re visiting a country where English is not the main language, have your card translated and printed into the local language. Make sure that the information is accurate.
• Generally, business cards are exchanged at the beginning of or at the end of a meeting. If you have a meagre supply of cards, hand it over to a business contact who specifically asks for it.
• If the card is printed back-to-back in different languages, hand it over so that the receiver’s local language is face up.
• If you are the one who is receiving a business card, make it a point to read it before putting the card away. This shows the other person that you are interested with the company. Make the appropriate comment and clarify any vague information, if necessary.
• If the cards are handed over at the end of a meeting, place them in a business card case, your briefcase or a portfolio. It’s generally considered bad etiquette to keep business cards in your pants pocket.
Finally, invest in good quality color business cards. Remember that your goal is to make an excellent first impression especially if you are bring your business abroad – so make sure that the quality of paper, print and design of the card all look professional.
If you need to order business cards, you have two options: getting the services of an actual printing business, or placing an order online. Here’s a quick comparison between the two:
– Traditional Printing Services
For this, you need to walk into the office of an actual printing company which accepts printing jobs for business cards. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having your business cards made the traditional way, but it would take a lot of effort on your part to oversee the design, drive over to the printing press, choose the paper, etc.
– Online Printing Services
With an online printing service, you can go through the whole process of having your business cards printed online. You can simply visit the website to order business cards, specify the number of cards you need to have made, the thickness of the paper, the type of paper to be used and the other details. If your card will be designed by a professional graphic designer, the final design can be sent through e-mail so the entire transaction is done without your having to visit a physical office. Once printed, the cards will be delivered straight to your doorstep.
Of course, you also have the option to not order business cards at all. With the Internet, you can easily make all your contact information accessible via your website. If you must distribute business cards, it should be to your most important clients and prospective customers. This way of doing business will still spread the word about your brand, but save you money on having business cards printed out – while doing your share in helping save the environment as well.
If you’re just launching your business, you might need to have 1,000 business cards printed out. The problem is that you do not have the funds to spend too much for it since you’re just starting out. How can you have the cards printed out without spending a lot, while still leaving a lasting impression to your clients by having a professionally-made business card?
Take a look at a few tips that we have on how you can save money when printing out a big batch of business cards:
1. Make a comparison of the rates offered by different printing companies.
Fortunately for those who need to have 1,000 business cards printed out, there are many online companies which specialize in printing such promotional tools. Ask for an initial price quotation or check out the website so that you would have an idea about what the options are in terms of paper type, thickness, etc. Does the company offer bulk discounts? By doing your research, you can look for a reasonably-priced printer so that you can get the exact number of cards you need.
2. Know how to use your business card as an effective marketing tool.
Do you really need that many business cards? What about reducing the number of copies and supplementing your promotional materials with cheaper printed items like flyers? Better yet, harness the power of social media and get the word out there about your brand. As long as you have an official Facebook fan page, a website or a Twitter account, you can reach out to your target audience without having to spend too much on a lot of copies of business cards.
3. Have an idea about how much it would cost to have 1,000 business cards printed out and make a final decision from there.
If you must print this many business cards, have an idea about how much it would cost. Compare the type of paper to be used, the resolution for printing and other factors – then make a decision from there. If you need to spend a few cents for better quality, do so if the investment is well worth it.
Follow these tips so that you can print the number of business cards you need without compromising on price and quality.
Premium business cards can be set apart from ordinary ones through the quality of paper used as well as the print. Ordinary cards are usually made from thin, 14-pt. paper while premium cards are printed on paper with any of the following varieties:
– 16-pt. paper with 50% the thickness of a credit card
– 17-pt. silk paper with 60% the thickness of a credit card
– Plastic 20-pt. cards with 70% the thickness of a credit card
– Foil-stamped silk cards
– Textured silk cards
– Rounded corner silk cards
– Spot gloss silk cards
After deciding on the type of paper that you will use, next comes the crucial information to include in premium business cards. Since you have very little space to use, you should make sure that the information is concise, accurate and the design properly represents the image that you’d like to portray for your brand.
Here are the two most important pieces of information to include in a business card:
• Professional information
Basically, there are two types of business cards which can be made: ones to represent a professional individual, or one that represents a business. If you’re having a personal/professional business card made, the following information should be included: your name, contact numbers, e-mail address, website, office address, if any. If your job description sounds unfamiliar, include a tagline that will describe, in layman’s terms, what you actually do for a living. For example, graphic artists can include a tagline “Helping design your business.”
• Business information
If you’re having a company or business card made, the crucial information are: the business name, the nature of the business, the office address, e-mail address, contact numbers, and probably a tagline if there’s still space on the card.
All in all, premium business cards are an excellent way to make a great first impression to your clients, partners and prospective customers.
If you need to print business cards, it pays to know what the characteristics are of a good one. When you hand over that piece of card to a business partner, a customer or a prospective business client, they need to have a good impression of your brand and this is something that you can project through the design, look and feel of your business card.
The good news is Blockbuster Print is here for you. When having one designed for your business, here are a few of the important characteristics that it needs to possess:
• It should let people know who you are and what you do.
Let’s say that you are a real estate agent who is working independently. The business card should contain your name, a description of your profession, as well as your contact information – e-mail address, office address, telephone number, and website.
• Its design should project the image of your brand.
Using the same example of a real estate agent’s business card, another characteristic that your card should possess is that it should project the image of your brand. When selling houses, your target clientele are adults who are already financially established. As such, a professionally-made card with a traditional or conservative design would suit you. If you’re an interior designer, the design of your card should be more artsy and eye-catching.
• It should be made to impress.
Finally, the card should be made to impress. Your goal when you print business cards in the first place is to get more business coming your way. This would not happen if you will hand over a flimsy, cheaply-printed business card. Today, it’s all about image and having a good quality card printed with a high resolution and a professional design will make a huge difference in the impression that you’ll leave your network of contacts.