If you’re planning to scrimp on takeout menu printing, you might want to think twice. In the restaurant business, dine in and to-go menus play a huge part in selling the food that you’re offering to your restaurant or diner patrons. Hungry diners will rely on your menu when deciding which dishes to order, so you should know which items to highlight. That’s what we will learn more about here.
Before that, however, let us take a quick look at the role that menus play when it comes to selling food items in restaurants:
- A menu can help boost sales in your restaurant. If you have new dishes to offer to your customers, you can update your menu and highlight what’s new. This way, you can retain the loyalty of your existing customers and attract new ones.
- A menu can increase the frequency of orders, especially if it is printed in such a way that is visually appealing.
- To go menus will give customers who are in a hurry or who don’t want to dine in a chance to sample your dishes in a convenient manner.
Tips for Choosing which Dishes to Highlight in Takeout Menu Printing
Next, what are the things that you need to remember when it comes to choosing the dishes to highlight in your print to go menus? Here are the top tips:
- Choose professional-looking photos of your most popular dishes.
Visual appeal should be your primary consideration when having menus printed out – whether it’s for inside the restaurant or to go ordering. When you print to-go menus, make sure that the dishes pictured are a feast – both for the eyes and the taste buds.
- Highlight the dishes which are quick to make.
People order items to go because they don’t have the time for a sit-down dinner. This is precisely why you should only highlight and include dishes which are quick to make in your takeout menu. Just imagine how frustrated a hungry diner would get if it takes you thirty minutes or so to prepare a popular dish!
- Edit your to go menu in such a way that only the quick-to-make and profitable dishes are featured.
Lastly, edit your takeout menu by choosing only the dishes which are quick and easy to make, and are profitable. For example, egg rolls which are prepared beforehand takes only a few minutes to deep-fry, so it’s a popular order in Chinese takeout. The ingredients aren’t that expensive, either – so they end up being really lucrative for the restaurant owner.
By following these tips, you can have a takeout menu that will boost the sales in your food establishment.