One thing’s crystal: clear business cards made from plastic are an excellent tool to use in promoting your brand. No matter which industry it is that you are in, you are bound to create a long-lasting first impression to the recipient of your card.
Why exactly should you go for printing business cards which are made from clear material? Here are a few of its characteristics:
- Clear business cards are made from plastic which are durable. Unlike plain cardboard business cards, handing over a clear plastic business card to a potential client or customer will leave an impression that your brand is in it for the long haul. This means that you are encouraging your customers to give your brand their trust, and that you can establish a mutually beneficial relationship over time.
- You can take your pick from white plastic, crystal clear plastic, or clear frosted plastic. Just remember that you are working with a unique material so coming up with a layout for the business card can be quite tricky. Make sure to design the business card accordingly, based on the type of printing finish that you’d like to have.
- When printing business cards made from plastic, the material is usually made from 20-pt. plastic which has 63% the thickness of a regular credit card. They’re waterproof and resistant to wear and tear.
You also have the option to select rounded corners or square-edged clear business cards. Round corners can measure ¼” or 1/8”. Choose between full color printing on one or both sides.
Lastly, you can take your pick from different sizes including square business cards, standard US-sized cards, European size cards, square, or slim skinny business cards. Durability, uniqueness, and longevity are just some of the qualities that you can portray for your brand – simply by opting for unique clear plastic business cards.
Hand over a plastic business card to a potential client and you will get that immediate reaction of surprise. The mere fact that the material is not as cliché as beige cardboard is enough to leave a good first impression. Match this with a design that portrays the image that you’d like to have as a brand – then you are off to good start in your print advertising campaign using business cards.
Plastic Business Card FAQs
If you are considering using plastic business cards, here are a few quick facts to know about it:
- How thick are plastic business cards?
Cardboard business cards have a thickness ranging from 14-pt. to 32-pt. The most popular option is to use 20-pt. plastic, which has 63% the thickness or a regular credit card. Some printing companies even give you the option to cut the card with rounded corners, or just leave them with rectangular edges.
- What kinds of printing finish are available?
You can take your pick from clear business cards, white plastic or frosted. White is a great option for those with black-and-white or mostly plain designs. Clear business cards stand out because of the material and designs available. Frosted business cards can be designed similar to cardboard cards, with the thick and durable material being the only difference.
- Any design consideration to keep in mind?
When designing clear business cards made from plastic, make sure that the font has a size and design that’s easily readable. You don’t want the recipient of the card to be squinting when trying to read your contact number because the font is too small. Avoid overcrowding the design with unnecessary elements – the cleaner, the better. Choose colors that will contrast with the finish of your card so a white background is not a good idea for white plastic cards, nor are light colors against a frosted plastic background.
With a standout design and material, plastic business cards are great for handing out to customers so that you can leave an excellent first impression for your brand.